Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Assembler C assembles assigned bench assemblies involving standard sub assemblies and gearboxes having close dimensional specifications and operating relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned.
· Read blueprints and routing sheets. Tooling, operating and assembly sequences are provided.
· Perform fitting and aligning of parts and mechanisms.
· Remove small quantities of metal with hand files and scrapers to produce close fit between parts.
· Operate various small bench type hand tools and power tools to modify assemblies to achieve required specifications.
· Use simple measuring devices to check dimensions.
· Notify supervisor of any operation or quality problems.
· Operate a forklift and hoist to transport and move products.
· Process all necessary documentation and paperwork for processes completed. Update computer records of completed assemblies.
· Assist Assembler A and B with operations requiring exacting tolerance and finish requirements.
· Follow all clean up and housekeeping procedures. Comply with all quality and safety regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The selected individual enjoys working in a team setting with ability to work independently, demonstrates a positive proactive attitude. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the Assembler position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.